At their meeting on April 7, 2016, the Surry County Board of Supervisors passed Resolution 2016-08 declaring April 2016 as Surry County Clean-Up Month.
Throughout the month, citizens are asked to clean up, spruce up, and beautify their properties and the roadsides of the county. In an effort to help, the county solid waste collection crews will provide special refuse collection containers at the following locations and times for citizens to dispose of appliances, furniture, yard debris, and scrap building material.
SPECIAL REFUSE COLLECTION SITES
Saturday, April 16th, 9am-1pm
- Bacons Castle Grocery (Rt. 10 & Rt. 617)
- Old L.P. Jackson School Site (Dendron)
- Goodson Path Collection Site (Rt.10 West)
- Mantura Collection Site (Rt.10 East)
Saturday, April 30th, 9am-1pm
- Claremont Fire Station (28 Mystic Ave.)
- Pineview Road Collection Site (off Rt. 40)
- Villa Road
- Goodson Path Collection Site (Rt. 10 West)
Recyclables including paper, glass, plastics (#1 & #2), along with steel, tin and aluminum cans can be dropped off at the Goodson Path and Pineview Collection Stations during regular operating hours. (7am—7pm M-F; 8am—4pm Sat & Sun) All items should be rinsed clean; please do not include bottle and jar caps as these are NOT recyclable. Recyclable electronic devices may be dropped off at the Goodson Path, Pineview, and Mantura Collection sites only. Please call the number below for a complete listing of recyclable electronics.
Junk Automobiles/Old Cars:
There are several organizations listed below that will accept donated automobiles which can be tax deductible. Please call the organization of your choice to arrange for the donation of your vehicle.
- American Cancer Society - For complete information ,call (888) 227-5500.
- American Heart Association - For complete information, call (888) 242-2271.
- National Kidney Foundation - For complete information, call (800) 488-CARS.
- Defeat Diabetes Foundation - For complete information, call (877) 242-7489.
- Salvation Army - For complete information, call (800) 728-7825.
Wednesday, April 22, 2016 is Earth Day
For more information, please call (757) 294-5283 M-F 9am-5pm.
- 2017 (9)
- 2016 (14)
- 2015 (12)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (8)
- 2012 (20)
- 2011 (16)
- 2010 (12)