Solid Waste Disposal
The County maintains four Solid Waste Collection Centers for the citizens of Surry County. They are located at the following sites:
Dendron Solid Waste StationPhysical Address
1215 Rolfe Highway
Dendron, VA 23839
Goodson Path Solid Waste StationPhysical Address
409 Goodson Path
Dendron, VA 23839
Mantura Road Solid Waste StationPhysical Address
60 Mantura Road
Surry, VA 23883
Pineview Solid Waste StationPhysical Address
101 Pineview Road
Waverly, VA 23890
General Rules and Guidelines
- ONLY RESIDENTIAL WASTE FROM COUNTY RESIDENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. RESIDENTS ARE TO DISPLAY A COUNTY DECAL STICKER OR SHOW PROOF OF RESIDENCE. (DECALS MAY BE OBTAINED AT THE COUNTY’S TREASURER’S OFFICE)
- THE QUANTITY OF REFUSE PER HOUSEHOLD IS LIMITED TO ONE PICKUP TRUCK-SIZED LOAD PER DAY.
- THE COLLECTION CENTER ATTENDANT MAY INSPECT ANY WASTE BEING DELIVERED TO THIS CENTER AND REFUSE WASTE THAT IS IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES, COUNTY CODES, STATE CODES AND REGULATIONS.
- FOR THE CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY OF ALL USERS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE COLLECTION CENTER ATTENDANT.
Type of Waste Accepted
The following classes of waste will be accepted at these centers:
- Household waste
- Residential yard waste and trimmings brought by residents (one load per week)
- Residential construction debris, scraps, and furniture brought by residents
- Residential appliances and recyclable metal brought by residents
Type of Waste NOT Accepted
Business and commercial waste cannot be disposed of at these centers. Commercial contractors must make other arrangements for the disposal of waste generated by their work.
- COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL WASTE
- TREE BRANCHES OVER FIVE FEET IN LENGTH
- DEAD ANIMALS, ANIMAL MANURE, AND ANIMAL CORPSES OR PARTS THEREOF
- MOTOR OIL, CAR BATTERIES, AND LARGE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
- LAND CLEARING DEBRIS AND LARGE QUANTITIES OF BUILDING REPAIR
- CONSTRUCTION OR DEMOLITION DEBRIS
- LIVE AMMUNITION OF ANY TYPE, EXPLOSIVE MATERIAL OR INCENDIARY DEVICES AND COMPRESSED GAS CONTAINERS
- ASHES UNLESS THOROUGHLY AND PROPERLY MIXED AND DAMPENED WITH WATER
Solid Waste Collection Station Hours
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Holiday hours for the County’s refuse sites for Monday, January 16, 2023, are from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Effective August 1, 2020, all of the County's waste collection centers will be operating on the following schedule:
- Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Solid waste collection centers will be closed on the following holidays and days these holidays are observed unless otherwise posted:
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- July 4
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Curbside waste collection is available to citizens of Surry County through the services of Bay Disposal. They can be contacted by calling 757-857-9700. Access Bay Disposal's website and Facebook page.