- Board of Supervisors
Board of Supervisors
- 7 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of every month, unless otherwise posted. Additional meetings are scheduled as necessary at the Boards' discretion.
- Surry County Government Official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SurryCountyVA
Surry County Board of Supervisors' regular meetings are currently held at 7:00 P.M. on the first Thursday of every month in the General District Courtroom of the Surry County Government Center. Special called meetings and work sessions are held as needed. Regularly scheduled meetings are streamed live for the public through the Surry County Government YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SurryCountyVA
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings once approved. Minutes are available following approval.
View the most recent agendas and minutes here
Mr. Robert Elliott, Jr., Chair
- Mrs. Judy Lyttle
Bacon’s Castle District
Mr. Breyon Pierce
Mr. Brenton Byrd
Mr. Timothy Calhoun
Comments and concerns can also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Supervisors is a five-member board elected to a four-year term by registered voters as representatives of each of the County's five-election districts. The members and the district they represent are noted. Current terms will expire December 31, 2023.
The Board of Supervisors strives to maintain a strong commitment towards efficiency and effectiveness in County government and positively impact the public safety, health, education and welfare of the citizens of Surry through effective leadership and fiscal integrity. The Board will encourage the orderly growth and development of the community to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Surry County.
- Promote growth in a manner which protects the County's agriculture, environment, quality of life and historic resources
- Balance quality of government services with fiscal integrity
- Enhance relations with the stakeholders of County government
- Keep citizens informed; encourage openness and participation in government
- Work with regional economic development organizations to promote Surry County as the ideal business location
- Continue to exercise sound financial management and build the County's fiscal strength while minimizing the property tax burden
- Support the development and deployment of broadband technology
- Work closely with the School System to plan joint County services and facilities
- Increase public services and facilities relative to tourism, parks and recreation and library services
- Implement a Capital Improvement Plan in conjunction with the County's Comprehensive Plan
- Promote and maintain a quality workforce; equip employees with the resources needed to be efficient and effective
- Work to ensure the safety, security and maintenance of all County facilities
- Work closely with legislators and regional organizations in critical public policy areas
For more information about the Board of Supervisors, their meetings, contacting them or requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) please contact the Surry County Administrative Office.